Time & Location
Feb 07, 2023, 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Albany, 1 Empire State Plaza, Albany
About the event
Date: Tuesday February 7 th , 2023
Location: Empire State Place Convention Hall – 1 Empire State Plaza, Albany
Time of Event: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Early Shift – 7:30 a.m. (4 people - set up)
- First Shift – 8:00 – 10:30 a.m.* (20 people – greeters, registration, ushers, floaters)
- Second Shift – 10:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m.* (10 people - straggler registration, break down, hot chocolate station and
- press conference)
*Please arrive 15 minutes before your assigned shift to find parking and become familiar with the area.
Parking is available under the Empire State Plaza, but it will fill up quickly. It is suggested to arrive early to get a spot at
the Empire State Plaza, or you will have to park outside of the plaza at another location. Be sure to have cash to pay for
We will provide a “Volunteer” shirt. If possible, please wear black pants or skirt. All volunteers will be given a lanyard
If you have a problem parking or with your arrival time, or you need to cancel at the last minute for any reason, please
contact Theresa Knorr at 518-222-4870.
1. Set up (4 people)
- We need a few people to help unload cars and carry items into the registration area, set up and prepare.
2. Greeters (2 people per shift)
- Greeters will stand by the elevators and other points of entry into the Convention Hall foyer to welcome attendees and direct them towards the registration tables.
- If they are an exhibitor, please ask them to register first and then head into the Convention Hall to find their marked table.
- Remind people that after they register, there is a continental breakfast available that will be set up opposite registration outside of the Convention Hall.
3. Registration (12 people first shift; 6 people second shift plus one to two staff)
- There will be six registration tables. Four will be broken down by alphabet (A-E; F-L; M-S; T-Z) and the other two will be strictly for walk-ins.
- Two volunteers will be assigned to each table during the first shift; one volunteer per table for the second shift.
- Each table will have an alphabetized check-in sheet and corresponding name badge boxes in front. Please check people in and hand them their name badge from the box. On the side there will be lanyards to give out to the participants for their name badge. Please note that the “badge boxes” should be saved!
- Ask participants to then make their way to the program table across the way near the Convention Hall table to pick up their materials.
- Remind them that there is a continental breakfast in the foyer, before entering the Convention Hall.
4. Program Distribution (1 person per shift)
- There will be one table with boxes on top and underneath filled with programs containing pertinent information for the day. Please distribute one per person or per couple. There will be a total of 650 programs so they are first come first served.
- Please remind all that Stand Up for Recovery Day merchandise is for sale, ( tumblers and scarves.)
5. Merchandise Sales (staff members only)
- We will be selling the following items: Stand Up for Recovery Tumblers (for hot & cold beverages) $8 each and FOR-NY Fleece Scarves $12 each
- We will accept cash, credit card or check (made out to Friends of Recovery-NY).
6. Ushers (2 people per shift)
- Please stand near the entrance of the Convention Hall asking people to make their way in to enjoy more networking inside as well as view the exhibit tables. During the speakers please remind people to take their conversations outside of the convention hall.
7. Floaters (2 people per shift)
- Please walk around inside the Convention Hall to see if any exhibitors need assistance or any attendee has questions. During the speakers please remind people to take their conversations outside of the convention hall.
8. March (all hands on deck)
- We need volunteers staggered along the way ushering people in the right direction
9. Clean Up/Break Down (4 people)
- Starting at 11:10 begin to break down the registration tables, leaving the banners up until after lunch.
Again, we thank you for your service! Nothing about us without us!